"Chronicling the insane, mundane, urbane, migraine, and general mirthless mis-adventures of all things SURFACE!"





Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Con Game"




Greetings "SURFACEDWELLERS",
Just a few lines to inform any who may wish to attend, about a brand new convention here in Orlando, Florida.
The 1st annual "Creature Con" is actually the off shoot of another convention, the "Repticon", a convention for pet owners specializing in all things Reptilian, and other exotic pets. The Creature-Con will be a small multi media event featuring merchandise, movies, comics and much more.
The people who are organizing the event approached me and asked if I wanted to attend, they were even nice enough to extend me a FREE table to their event, and me being the poor, humble artist that I am...who was I to refuse!
As a gesture of my gratitude for the invitation I designed a con poster for the event.(pictured) They will be available for attendees and visitors at the convention while they last.
"Creature-Con" will be held at the central Florida fairgrounds on the last weekend of May (30-31), to find out more about the upcoming convention visit the official site at; http://www.creaturecon.com/ .
I have also begun work on the next issue and a poster based on Ramsey Rusef''s series; "Billy the Monster Hunter" ,I will be doing the pencils while Vince Vinson will apply the colorwork. The next issue (#2) will be out by late summer/2009 and will be released through Scare Tactix Graphix http://www.scaretactixgraphix.com/ .
I am also wrapping up on the final pages of Robert Wawrzyniak's 12 part space epic; "SUPER-7", and a long overdue project called "Predator & Prey" by Paul Monsky.
I am also working on a special "BUBBA the Redneck Werewolf" poster for creator Mitch Hyman and Scare Tactix Graphix, it will also be available later this summer.
I will also be attending the 1st annual "Mini-MegaCon" which will be held here in Orlando in August, I will be sharing a table with "BUBBA the Redneck Werewolf" writer and creator Mitch Hyman...as always at my convention appearances I will be available for signings and for custom convention sketches so if you plan on attending these events while in town, by all means stop by my spot and say "Hi".
-till next time sports fans...Peace! ;)

1 comment:

Paul M. said...

This is good news. I had about given up on you. Can I expect more pages by the end of the weekend?